Jan 29, 2011

On My Wishlist #2


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually read yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

I love me some kick-butt heroines, and there are two series that have new books coming out this year that I am ecstatic to get my hands on:


Hard Bitten 
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires
Coming Out: May 3, 2011

Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals--and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are ... tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vamp attack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else.

Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in the heady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society--a world full of vampires who seem too ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands.


Other books in series:

1. Some Girls Bite
2. Friday Night Bites
3. Twice Bitten


Tangled Threads
Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Elemental Assasin
Coming Out: April 26, 2011

I’d rather face a dozen lethal assassins any night than deal with something as tricky, convoluted, and fragile as my feelings.

But here I am. Gin Blanco, the semi-retired assassin known as the Spider. Hovering outside sexy businessman Owen Grayson’s front door like a nervous teenage girl. One thing I like about Owen: he doesn’t shy away from my past—or my present. And right now I have a bull’s-eye on my forehead. Cold-blooded Fire elemental Mab Monroe has hired one of the smartest assassins in the business to trap me. Elektra LaFleur is skilled and efficient, with deadly electrical elemental magic as potent as my own Ice and Stone powers. Which means there’s a fifty-fifty chance one of us won’t survive this battle. I intend to kill LaFleur—or die trying—because Mab wants the assassin to take out my baby sister, Detective Bria Coolidge, too. The only problem is, Bria has no idea I’m her long-lost sibling . . . or that I’m the murderer she’s been chasing through Ashland for weeks. And what Bria doesn’t know just might get us both dead.


Other books in series:

1. Spider's Bite
2. Web of Lies
3. Venom

7 comments:

La Toya said...

Hey Cate! Looks like you have some pretty good choices!! I'm just hopping by to tell ya to have a happy weekend :)

I'm a new follower! Love your super cute blog!!

xo,
Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

La Toya said...

HAHA you are the second person whose name I'm spelled incorrectly on this thing...sorry Cait!!

I loved that story you posted hahah awww!! I'd love to hear you sing Christmas carols heheh :)

Thanks for following back!

Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

Amy said...

I haven't read either of these authors yet, but I have them both on my TBR pile, TOO MANY BOOKS! HAHA! Happy reading!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Yep... Tangled Threads. Great minds. ;) I also haven't started the Chicago Vamps, but I so want to read those! Great picks. :)

Lucia (iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books) said...

Both sound really good! Great picks! Hope you get them soon. :)

Lucia
iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

BLHmistress said...

I have Some Girls Bite on my shelf- I can't wait to read it. Great picks.

On My Wishlist

pussreboots said...

I have ten new wishes. Some of these are Cybils nominations. Come see what I'm wishing for.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP