Feb 7, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Author: Stephanie Perkins
Genre: Contemporary YA
Published: Dec 2010

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?
_____________________________________________________

Oh. my. gosh. Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh I LOVE this book!  I had seen it around the book blogger community and finally had an opportunity to read it. Anna and the French Kiss is so good in fact, that I've already read it twice. More specifically, I've read the book twice in the span of.. a day and a half. I know, I know, ridiculous. Or, you know, obsessive is probably more like it. If you've read the book, then I'm sure you understand and if you haven't, you're really missing out. And I mean, really.

Anna is one of the best well-written teenagers I've ever read. She's real, she's honest, she's goofy, quirky, and is beautiful on the inside and out. I honestly had trouble reminding myself at the end of the book that Anna was just a fictional character. And Etienne, *swoons*. Who wouldn't fall in love with a totally gorgeous guy that treats Anna like a queen (except when he's being stupid), and has an adorable British accent? I am seriously crushing on Etienne at the moment. I can't get enough! While they are both equally excellent characters on their own, together Etienne and Anna create a wonderful pair. The romance is both hot, sweet and completely unforgettable. I want to welcome Etienne and Anna to my Literary Couple Hall of Fame. You are among hereoes such as Cat & Bones, Kate & Curran, and Mac & Barrons. I'm sure you will fit right in! Well, minus the whole age difference and otherworldly aspect I guess.

I have never been to Paris, but have always wanted to go (if I can ever get hubs to agree!), and Ms. Perkins writes in such a way that I felt like I was there with Anna, experiencing everything she was. I even looked up pictures online of some of the places she visited, so I would have a better picture of what was going on. I love that Anna & Etienne's story began in the city known for love and romance. I also felt like she gave the right amount of details and description. I never once felt lost or bored. Again, I just couldn't get enough of Paris, the school and the whole story.

Thank you Ms. Perkins, for taking me out of my everyday, mundane life and taking me on a grand adventure. I adore your novel, and will be first in line when Lola and the Boy Next Door comes out. Anna and the French Kiss will proudly take it's place in my bookshelves, and if you were to check back in ten years, the copy will be well worn with use. I can't think of any greater compliment to give than that!

1 comment:

Jasmine Cervik said...

This one is officially in my TBR pile now...It's taken me too long!! :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP